Friday, September 8, 2017

Back at it again


        It's been a long summer.

        My internship is now over and I'm back to school. It feels like it has been forever since my last semester, but that's probably because before this summer I had done 5 semesters in a row and forgot what a summer vacation feels like. 

        Although I'm sad that I left the family I made at my internship, I'm also glad to get back into the groove of school and my education. It's strange, I always miss university when I'm done, but during the semester it's always hell. But part of the reason why I am excited to get back into my back-to-school schedule is because now I can finally wear what I want and have the opportunity to take more pictures. With the internship, as one may expect, I was restricted with what I could wear, and what my usual style is. But now I am back to my old ways- DIY cropped sweatshirts, distressed denim, and messy buns.

        That last week of summer, between the end of my internship and when class began, I was lucky enough to have a much-earned vacation to New York. I had never been before! Everyone told me I wouldn't want to leave- and they were right. I felt right at home on those streets and in the subway, and being immersed in New York's creative and theatrical culture was incredible. I bought a lot of clothes when I was there, thrifted and new. I hope to organize an afternoon in the coming days so I can shoot a complete haul of everything I purchased, because admittedly I went a little crazy but hey- work hard play hard, right? Also I figured I probably won't be back to New York for quite some time so might as well collect some unique pieces when I'm there. 

        In New York, I bought this bad-ass black denim jacket, and these Puma-resembling creepers. I wanted to buy a pair of authentic Puma's platform sneakers, but according to the store I went to, they do not come in my size (a minuscule US 5). So I settled for these similar ones from Steve Madden. I am in love with this denim jacket and have been wearing it almost everyday since I've gotten it. My tradition blue denim jacket has always been an essential for me, and this piece just elevates my closet that much more. As well, how damn amazing is the back of this jacket. Hell yeah I'll be supporting my local girl gang- and all the other girl gangs out there, because we all gotta look out for each other. 


        This hoodie is one that I sliced in half myself about a year ago, and I wanted to see how it would look with a bun and hoops. I think the denim jacket pulls it all together, and keeps the look more down to earth and edgy. I cropped these acid washed jeans to give my new creepers even more attention, because they deserve it.

        Thank you to my friend Morgan, @m.organemsleyfor taking these photos.






  








Hoodie: Uniform/DIY
Denim jacket: Thrifted
Jeans: Thrifted
Creepers: Steve Madden 
Hoops: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment