Friday, April 28, 2017

See it in the Stars


This dress's slit is giving me some serious Kaonashi Angelina Jolie vibes and I'm loving it.

        My mother called this outfit "your dream artistic internship/assistant outfit." Why? I am not completely certain, considering there are fishnets involved- but, I can see what she means if I took those off. Being in a work environment that would allow this kind of outfit would be a lot of fun and give room for experimentation and some daily creativity. Of course, that is not to be expected, but a girl can dream.


        What makes me so happy about this outfit is that I was able to utilize this (literally $2) tight semi-maxi dress and feel comfortable with myself. I often feel that my legs are too short to pull of this length of garment, perhaps because I only ever see tall beautiful women wearing them on Instagram. However, the fishnets and long cardigan make me feel better about it all. 

        The dress itself is fairly low and long sleeved, and I generally do not prefer low cut tops, so throwing this loose t-shirt over it and tying it in a knot, and then throwing the cardigan over it to cover the long sleeves, and then of course fishnets and my current favourite shoes. Overall this outfit honestly made me feel like a bit of a badass.


          As well, made a little animation the other day which I thought I might as well use as a header for this outfit post. Not quite sure how I feel about it as a whole, but I'm pretty happy with it. It is inspired by Jenn Im's graphic designer's work, Dawn Lee. Although, even saying that makes me awkward considering the skills disparity between this work of mine and her incredible illustrations. But this was my first try so perhaps in the future mine will get a bit better and a bit more professional looking. Until then, here are my outfits with some stars 





Dress: Urban Behaviour 
T-Shirt: H&M
Cardigan: Say What? New York
Loaders: Aldo
Choker: DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment