Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Itty Bitty Bralettes

It was about a year ago I decided that bras were uncomfortable and that I no longer felt a need to wear them. Reminiscing, I don't want to go back.
Of course, if I get job or opportunity that requires the wearing of a bra, I will wear one. However, on my own time, I prefer the comfort and the sense of freedom that going braless supplies. It's a personal choice, and as someone who is petite and small chested, I am fortunate to be able to do this without fear of back pain or discomfort. 
All this being said, I still absolutely love to wear the occasional bralette with outfits that require such. I thought I would take this opportunity to do a simple post and share a few of my favourite bralettes, with their exquisite lace, mesh, and embroidery. I find them so delightful, in fact, I wish I was able to hang them on my bedroom walls as art, instead of hiding them away in drawers that intimates are thought to belong. To me, they are soothing works of art that inspire the feminine in me.



This, along with the following vibrant pink bralette, were recent kind gifts from my mom, who saw them on sale and that they were in my size, and grabbed them for me, as she knows my love for dainty bralettes. I have not had the chance to wear or style them, but I can't wait to. Especially this hot pink one, since I almost never wear such bright colours. 

(Victoria Secret)


 

(Victoria Secret)


 

This etherial piece captured my imagination as soon as I saw it. Like the past two, I have not worn this but I am not sure if I will be able to bring myself to. I just want to stare at it all day.  
(Gifted)



This simple piece was found in an Urban Outfitters sale rack. Regularly $30, on sale for $5, I thought it was a staple that would be silly to walk away from. I love the mesh back, adds the right amount of personality for me. 

(Forever 21)




My final bralatte, and amusingly my first purchased. I love this piece for its coy innocence, delicate detailing, and of course practicality as it matches my skin tone. 

(La Vie En Rose)

No comments:

Post a Comment