Thursday, April 20, 2017

You Should Have Listened To Your Mother


        Today is a wonderful day because today I have finished all my finals for this semester. This means, I am finally done my fifth semester in a row, and may now enjoy a university-free summer.

        However, now the summer job application process should begin, but I think I'm going to allow my self a couple days of relaxation and recuperation before I start.  

        This look was centred around one of my best thrifted finds in a while- this faux leather jacket from Zara. It was $15 at Value Village, fits me perfectly, and in superb condition. I am honestly thrilled. This leather jacket has opened up many styling possibilities for me, and is a perfect addition to begin putting together outfits inspired by my favourite fashion and beauty bloggers and vloggers. 

        This look is inspired by an outfit worn by one of my favourite YouTubers- Soothing Sista AKA "your girl" Stephanie. I've been following her for a long time now and I've always loved how her style ranges so drastically from light and floral romper ensembles to worn out rugged looks with ripped denim and fringed leather. 


 

        I absolutely love this outfit of Stephanie's, found on her Instagram account. Wearing a long loose T with fishnets and a leather jacket? Right up my alley. The catch phrase on the shirt makes it even better, saying "You Should Have Listened To Your Mother." When I scored this leather jacket I knew this was the first look I wanted to recreate, especially since the day I wore it was a rare day of sunshine in Raincouver. This huge t-shirt was given to me by my dad, who wore it all throughout the 80s and 90s but figured I would get more use out of it now and he was definitely correct. Although I feel Stephanie was probably wearing a pair of Drs with her outfit, I wanted to mix things up a bit for the temporarily warm weather and put on a pair of sandals I got in Thailand two years ago. They're incredibly cute to wear in photos, but I swear they tear up my feet like no other shoes I own. A couple photos down you can ever so slightly see the denim shorts I was wearing underneath this oversized shirt for extra coverage. Overall I am really excited by how this look came out, especially with the fishnet/stockings mixed with my sandals- it's a look. 












Hey there denim shorts.










Leather Jacket: Zara
Oversized T: Hand-me-down
Sandals: Bought in Thailand 
Choker: DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment