Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Cut to the T



        I have been on quite the DIY binge lately, and admittedly, I have not been documenting it to the best of my abilities. However, I did take a few simple shots for this incredibly easy Do-It-Yourself shirt that takes less than 5 minutes. 

        All you need is a loose cotton t-shirt (I got mine for $2 at Value Village), and flip it inside. Put it on while it's inside and mark a dot for how deep cut you would like your "V". Then, place it on a flat surface and draw curved lines to connect the dot with either side of the shirt's collar right up to the shoulder's hem.


        When you finish the sketch, with preferably chalk, it should look like this. When you cut, take care to not cut off the collar. Be sure to cat along the hem and down the "V"


        When you're finished, it should look something like this!


        I love the look of this shirt because it gives a completely new level of edge and badass-ness to a simple black T. It is so easy to complete, and doing it yourself will save you some serious cash. Many brands have been selling this style of shirt, such as Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Topshop. If you look at their prices, you will see how much you're saving quite a bit of coin by just picking up some scissors and cutting up a shirt yourself. Next, I really want to find a band or "vintage looking" shirt at the thrift store and take it a step above this black one.


        I styled the shirt with tried and true distressed jeans and leather jacket. Wearing a lacy bralette under the distressed t-shirt makes it a tad more cheeky, and these fun socks honestly make me laugh so I love wearing them. 










Shirt: DIY
Jeans: Bought in Thailand
Leather Jacket: Zara
Socks: Forever 21
Sneakers: Keds

No comments:

Post a Comment