Monday, August 27, 2018

MONDAY


        As shitty as it is, September has finally come around and that means all students are back to school. Whether it's university, college, or high school, there are always anxieties going back to class. Whether it's "Will I know anyone in my lectures?" or "Attendance will count for the how much of the final grade!?" to "How the hell am I gonna figure out where all my classes are?", believe it or not, we're all thinking the same things. 

        I know a huge source of anxiety for me is first impressions. I want to be looking cute for tutorials, but also comfortable. I want to feel confident enough to start conversations, and not blend into the crowd (getting your profs and TA's to notice you in the beginning of the semester is a huge advantage). 

        So, I thought I would make a "2018 First Week of School Look Book" and post Monday to Friday, sharing an outfit for each day of the week. These looks all serve a purpose, and all have their benefits. If there's anything with the coming looks that don't work with you school's dress code or not in your comfort level, feel free to tweak them as you see fit! 

Here is my Monday Look:


        I wanted to style something that was not only bold and eye-catching, but also super comfortable so you weren't nervously tugging and pulling of seams and necklines throughout the first day.

        This button-up is an old thrifted find of mine that by a vintage brand called Koret City Blues. I decided to pair it simply with a pair of black shorts underneath (because no one is trying to flash everyone on the first day of classes), with my new Little Burgundy Women's Clara Boot in Black. Modest H&M silver hoop earrings for a little bit of accessorization, and of course those overpriced textbooks to complete the look. 











Button-Up: Koret City Blues
Boots: Little Burgundy
Earrings: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment