Saturday, June 30, 2018

Oh the Shade



        I think what's best about this look is that everything (except the shoes) are thrifted.

        Two things I've been contemplating buying recently: a leather fanny pack and thin (or narrow?) sunglasses. I've been checking out Forever 21, TopShop, Dolls Kill, Aritzia, the whole works. But the they have always been either overpriced, not quite right, or just sold out. I was about to just bite the bullet and invest in these items full priced, until I wandered into a Value Village and found not only these sun glasses and fanny pack pictured here, but also another pair of retro sunglasses that are rose tinted as well as a black, puffy, goose-down jacket. All for $40. Needless to say I was pretty happy with myself. I wasn't sure how these thinner glasses, meant for the tip of your nose, would look on me with my face shape and odd nose but these two that I got at Value Village look and feel good. Goes to show you should always thrift first, shop second. 



        I also got my nails done (for the first time in many, many years) and I have to say I now understand why it is such a strongly held routine for many woman. I was going to go for a muted grey or mauve, but as soon as I got this bright yellow colour on I truly felt like that bitch. And these glasses definitely contribute to that attitude as well... clearly.

















Fanny Pack: Thrifted
Denim Jacket: Sadie & Sage (Thrifted)
Track Pants: Thrifted
Sneakers: Vans
Crop Top: Playing With Color (Thrifted)
Sunglasses: Thrifted
Earrings: Brandy Melville
Choker: Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment