Friday, January 26, 2018

Check and Check


        Do you ever find something while second hand shopping and it's almost like the stars have aligned and the angels start to sing and you're suddenly sure that the Thrifting Gods are watching you from above and have blessed you by finding this item? That's what finding these pants was like.

        I can't tell you how long I've been looking for a pair of tearaway track pants. It's been probably around a year. I found it incredibly difficult to find a pair of authentic tearaway joggers like these in my size and within a reasonable price range. Aritzia had a pair but they just did not look how I wanted them to. H&M had a pair but the store only had them in size Large left and I can't find them online (the Canadian H&M website needs some improvements). There were "authentic" or "vintage" tearaway pants being sold online by Adidas, Nike, Champion, Puma, and Kappa. However, I was having issues with finding any in my size, that were in stock, and within my price range. 


        Recently, though, I was watching a To The 9s video, and Ricci mentioned how she found her track pants in the little boy's section at a thrift store. So, last week when I went to Value Village I did exactly that and found these amazing Nike tearaway snap track pants along with another super chill pair of black joggers with white lines going down the sides (you'll see that styled here soon). I know what you're thinking, and yes, I am approximately the size of a prepubescent boy. 

        It was on this same Value Village trip that the Thrifting Gods blessed me with yet another find: black platform boots. They aren't featured in this look but they will be soon. 



        Styling this look was a little tricky for my chronically cold self but it was still super fun because it was out of my comfort zone. I wanted to stick to the colour palette of red, black, white, and grey. These Vans were an obvious pick, as they continued the iconic striped lines that go down the side (which I think makes me look taller). I then threw on my DIY cropped hoodie with another Nike find, this windbreaker. I love this look because it has a laid-back Sporty Spice vibe while still being incredibly comfy and cozy. These pants will be staple during midterms and finals seasons. 










Joggers: Thrifted Nike
Cropped Sweatshirt: DIY
Sneakers: Vans
Hoops: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment